- Last Post
Forum Rules, Announcements, Questions and Answers
Check out what you can and can't post plus info on how to use this forum.
- Introduce yourself (1, 11), It's not obligatory but if you've just registered on the forum you can introduce yourself here if you would like to.,
- Reply To: Lets get to know each other a little bit!
Birds of Iberia. Big, little, floaters, stoopers and soarers.
- The Bearded Vulture Flamadel gets a second chance!
Spanish mammals (lynx, bear, wolves, cabras, moufflon and the little furry creatures too.)
- Reply To: Iberian wolf hunting ban
Reptiles and Amphibians
Including the Balearic and Canary islands, there are around 90 species of reptiles and amphibians in Spain.
- Reply To: Slow worms in Spain. How far south?
Fungi and mushrooms (edible or not)
Spain has a wide variety of wild mushrooms and fungi both edible and extremely toxic! Do Not eat wild mushrooms unless you are absolutely sure that you know what they are!
- Reply To: Fungus ID???SOLVED Clathrus ruber – Latticed stinkhorn
Trees in Iberia
Technically a tree is a woody perennial with a single trunk from which branches then form
- Abies Pinsapo
English language nature websites and blogs
There are a lot of fantastic and informative websites and blogs out there. Post links here to the English language ones.
- Reply To: The Instituto de Investigación en Recursos Cinegéticos (IREC)
Spanish language nature websites and blogs
There are a lot of fantastic and informative wildlife websites and blogs out there. Post a link to them here.
- Quercus Magazine
Geography, Geology and Paleontology
Mountains, lakes, population, human geography, fossils etc
- Reply To: That Time the Mediterranean Sea Disappeared
Literature and film about Iberia
Travel guides, fiction, non fiction, wildlife guides, Nature guides, maps and information, videos, films and news. Recommend them here.
- Reply To: A New Book on “Bichos” Needs Support
People and Culture
The human population of Iberia, its culture past, present and future.
- Article in the press about Nick Lloyds virtual tours
Travel, trip reports and nature diaries
Where to go?, Where have you been? Recommendations on what to see and what to do in Iberia
- Reply To: Birds, bugs and beasts around Antequera
Computers, Cameras, Gismos and Gadgets
Ask about the technical stuff. Maybe someone can help
Non-Iberian wildlife news and information
Natural history, trip reports, news, etc from elsewhere in the world
- Spanish born Black Vulture shot and killed in Hungary by suspected poachers.
Whats the weather doing? Where did you go this weekend, whats the gossip and anything else that doesn't belong in the dedicated wildlife forums. Be nice to each other!
- Reply To: Spain’s Endesa power firm sued over electrocution of birds
- Forum Rules, Announcements, Questions and Answers